It was a Rainy Day!


 It was a rainy day

pleasant blue sky was shady grey

My eyes teary, our hearts dejected

strong harsh wind blew outside

but it was nothing compared to the storm in your eyes

Those lips who used to say “I’ll never leave your side”

whispered goodbye with a dim smile.

 

I used to think that if you ever leave

that would be the end of me.

But at that time, I just sighed.

Stacked up your packed boxes as I saw

reminded me of the time

when you moved in with joy and glee

and here I was standing by the kitchen door

watching you tie your shoelace.

Though I didn’t want you to look back at me

but my heart absolutely needed that final gaze.

 

As I heard your wrist watch competing time

I realized this house was never so quite.

I talked to you in my heart

that you should always remember dear,

I played you wrong, I cheated!

When you only cared, loved and gave.

but if it’s possible, few years from now

when you’re drinking tea with your big happy family

and your most loving wife, amazing like you,

in case you still remember me, please forgive me

and dust me off from your life.

 

You grabbed your jacket and black umbrella

but you didn’t turn back as I stood

drinking the sight of you the last time.

I shrieked “Be happy, healthy and awesome always”

you didn’t respond but you heard it right.

You left the door open, so that I could see

how my deeds made my world disappear

in front of my eyes.

 

I guess couple of hours flew by

as I stood there watching the open door

while our watches were busy competing time

I dropped on the floor.

Lovers and poets would say- it was heartbreak

but it was last stage blood cancer

that a few weeks ago the doctor had determined.

You see I wasn’t such a bad witch

dear, you’ll never know I cheated you right.

I know you more than anyone else

if I would have died in your arms

It would be so hard for you to move on and live a happy life.

But now the time would do its wonders

It’ll be easier, you’ll soon find the sweet daylight.

 

As I lied there taking my last breath

For the last time I prayed for you and thought of your face

while my soul departed from my flesh.

So it was a rainy day

when your love demised and I died.    


'It was a Rainy Day!'- Written by Prakshali Jain


Note: I swear I'm a very optimistic person and believe in happy endings. The poem does not reflect my state of mind. lol  

Comments

Popular Posts