Sorry Ma! I couldn’t stay alive...

Remember Ma, When I was a kid

I asked you that question, as I was stupid

Wondered how people with different faith

Immensely love the same nation.

 

So, Mother let me tell you

All those times I took breath, I was so grateful to you

For embedding such great values on me

Legendary you! Never talked about majority or minority.

 

Sorry Ma…I couldn’t stay alive

But I was among those fortunate men, who lived the soldiers’ life.

My coolest Mother, please make a promise to me

When you see me again, you won’t cry, you’ll smile.

 

Though I feel bad, I couldn’t keep our Ashu’s promise

She always used to think that I’ll miss

Her grandest wedding next month

Tell my sister, I wish her all the happiness of the world.

 

Want Dad to know, I really gave my best

The tranquility from serving my nation, was on my chest.

My hero! My Cricket lover! I know you’ll never grow old

You are perfect! Just decrease the volume of your snores.

 

Last, importantly, tell all those malevolent people you know

who live to divide people as they go

That every day we willfully stake our lives to keep them safe

Some of us get retired while some never come. Over.


'Sorry Ma! I couldn't stay alive...' - Written by Prakshali Jain

Image by Pixabay

Comments

  1. "Just decrease the volume of your snores" , chills went down my spine. ..while reading brevity blended with melancholy...Keep it up! Loved this! ❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts