Story of the Haunted Castle


Deep mystic forest, Heavy storms

Carriage’s broken, the rider’s flown

Ghostly road, Chills down my spine

Sign of an abandoned castle, nearby

Nowhere to go, rushed to the gate

It creaked open, air smelled like haunted

Broken windows, wolves howled

Webmaster spiders, their work all around

 

Compiled all the courage I ever had

Before the cruel weather could drive my horse mad

Took my knight to the shade

Jumped over the window, with pony’s aid

Once majestic palace, now veiled in soothe and dust

Once precious throne, now precious rust

Giant paintings of the nobles on the wall

Bats covered the chandeliers of the hall

 

Read about endless victories on scrolls

As I watched bugs skiing on golden bowls

All of a sudden, I heard a squeaky voice

Hands shivered, feet trembled, I lost my poise

May be not all nobles of this place rested in peace

I fled away with pony, before my breath could cease

The haunted features of castle scared me that night

But witnessing the nature of time, gave permanent fright.


'Story of the Haunted Castle' - Written by Prakshali Jain


image credit: pixabay

Comments

  1. Could imagine each and every line and feel the chills🥶🥶🥶

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts