Playback Childhood: When Cartoons Taught Me




Days when Jiyan taught me

to sing confidently with a bad voice

When Shin Chan conveyed to never

feel sad after receiving a family punch

When Motu Patlu clearly confirmed

No steroid is better than stellar Samosa

When Galli Galli Sim Sim

gave random knowledge during lunch

 

When I wanted to be intelligent and cool

like fantastic Phineas and Ferb

When I fell in love with gadgets

seeing Doraemon’s multidimensional pocket

When I was sure how my dream house should be

Just the way in Mickey Mouse and Club House

When Ninja Hattori showed me to speed up

and run like Samurai, faster than rocket

 


When after watching Shaktiman and Perman

I too wanted to save the world from evil

When I learnt about the challenges

of being a little mermaid in a deep blue sea

When I could relate with Jerry troubling Tom

just the way I did to my elder brother

When I started having fun on my own

Watching the incomparable human – Mr. Bean


Don’t wish to go back to those days

but I miss how things used to be.

Don’t miss that sedative school

but the dare devils I used to meet

When astronaut, pilot, teacher, prime minister

That’s what I wanted to be.

When 5 o’ clock meant playtime

Leave everything and go! No worries!


'Playback Childhood: When Cartoons taught me'- Written by Prakshali Jain

                                       
Images from wikiwand               

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts